Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Lent That Went Awry

This was not the way I would have wished it but sadly, this is the way it ended. This lent was not exactly as successful as the last one. The resolutions which I had made, could not be kept up and there were small-small slip ups on a regular basis. So all in all, lent was a 'start-stutter-stop-start' affair.

To make it worse, it ended up in argument with a dear friend. It'd been heating up towards this for sometime now and yesterday it surfaced again. I do not think there is going to be any let up in his /her behavior, expecting it to be so, is a mistake on my part. I, on my part, will have to deal with my sin and learn to let go as quickly as possible. Being a very devout christian, he/she always apologies for his /her mistakes and not forgiving is not an option for me either so we reconciled before going for Easter vigil.

We serve a great God, who came for us and gave His life for us not because we are good, but we are sinners. So with that conviction I start my walk with Him anew in this new season of Easter, hoping to tap into the resurrection of our Lord. Surely there is hope as St.Paul says His Grace is sufficient for me in all situations.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes bro, there will always be hope for us because it is always about him and never about us.

Take heart!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sheryl for reminding me that eternal truth...

Members