Friday, March 23, 2012

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff

Yesterday , I had the opportunity to lead adoration at our parish...and something funny happened. Actually, it would not have been so funny had it not been for God's grace at work in me. As I began leading , the priest who was visiting, intervened in between and sort of took over and started leading  it. After that , he allowed me to continue and then after sometime he again took over. We were all a bit surprised and I was wondering how to go about it when, In between the choir mistress came and told me to tell the priest to stop it. I wondered stop it .."stop what??" I thought. How can I, nay, who am I to tell an ordained priest to stop adoring the Lord. Besides, if He is leading everyone to adoring the Lord, then who am I to stop him. May be he did not like my way of doing it, which is very understandable as I am, by no means an expert or even highly experienced in this area. So I was glad that I just let it go , glad that God has done some work within me in the last 8-10 years  that now its  not as difficult to let go of small things as it used to be.I remember how I wouldn't talk to anyone who offended me even in a minute way, not for a few days, weeks, or even months, sometimes, I wouldn't talk to them for years....oh man !! I wonder what was the stuff I was made of back then...what ever it was , I am God has started remoulding into a different 'stuff'.

 'Don't sweat the small stuff' as they say, applies to all christians  who desire to grow and then of course it should lead us to a place where we do not sweat anything, not even the big stuff. Well , that is still a long way off....There is still a lot of pruning remaining and only the Lord knows how best and when best to do it.

I leave it to you, Lord.........

No comments:

Members